INTRODUCTION TO WEANING AND FOOD EXPLORERS
We currently run ‘Introduction to Weaning’ workshops where you can come with your baby to learn about weaning, try some foods and talk to other parents about their experiences and ‘Food Explorers’ food tasting and cooking courses where children get a chance to prepare and try new foods with their parents and carers.
These sessions are based on these points:
- good nutrition should start at an early age
- good health is the foundation of good learning – positive links with Five to Thrive principles of building healthy brains
- putting food at the heart of supporting families
- inspiring Lewisham families to eat well
- develop sessions that support the ‘weaning window’
- allowing families to make informed decisions about creating healthy lifestyles for their families
- simple and non judgemental approach to good nutrition
- the development of food and nutrition intervention/workshops for families
- nutrition information becomes an integral part of delivery of services
Both ‘Food Explorers’ and ‘Introduction to Weaning’ sessions need to be pre-booked, please see the timetable for details of when the next sessions are running.
To view all our timetables click here
Music, movement and fitness session which supports children’s physical development through the EYFS and works with parents to encourage and adopt a healthy lifestyle. Age group: Under 5s