From NHS.uk website
Why vaccinate your kids?
As a parent, you may not like seeing your baby or child being given an injection. However, vaccination will help protect them against a range of serious and potentially fatal diseases.
There are three good reasons to have your child vaccinated:
- vaccinations are quick, safe and extremely effective
- once your child has been vaccinated against a disease, their body can fight it off better
- if a child isn’t vaccinated, they’re at higher risk of catching – and becoming very ill from – the illness
There will always be some children who are unavoidably unprotected because:
- they can’t be vaccinated for medical reasons
- they’re too young to be vaccinated
- they can’t get to the vaccine clinics
- the vaccine doesn’t work (although this is rare)
For more information please see the link below or speak to your Health Visitor or GP.
Download this personalized vaccination calendar, which highlights the dates your child needs to have their vaccinations by.