Welcome to the Lewisham Children and Family Centre Website



Benefits & Housing Advice

Benefits Advice 

If you’ve been affected by coronavirus, you might be able to claim benefits or get more money on your current benefits.  

This might be because you:  

  • can’t work as you have coronavirus or you’re following guidance to stay home – this is called ‘self-isolating’  
  • are earning less because you can’t go to work  
  • are self-employed and you’re earning less  
  • have lost your job 

The Citizens Advice has information on what benefits you may be entitled to 



Housing Support 

There is information on Lewisham Council website about support with Housing Benefits and Council Tax 



If you require support with Housing please visit the following link, partners can also refer clients through an online portal. 



One off payment

You may be able to get a one-off payment to help you buy essential food and fuel if you are struggling due to COVID-19.

There is an emergency payment for those eligible for Universal Credit who are facing further immediate, financial hardship due to COVID-19 and have no other assistance available. If you have no income as a result of losing your job or ability to work, you may qualify for a one-off payment.

The payment is a grant so it does not need to be paid back. It does not replace any other form of support from the Government.

To apply for the grant follow the link below.


Translate with Google Translate
Skip to content