Sign up for a Fruit & Veg Boost with NHS Better Health – Healthier Families
By boosting the fruit and veg in your daily diet you’re helping to protect yourself and your family from diseases like heart disease and some cancers, plus you don’t need to make any big changes to your current diet, or go without all the foods you love.
What are the benefits?
- Easy recipe every week to get more fruit and veg into your diet
- Useful advice, hints and tips
- Fruit and veg shopping advice
- A choice of 2 plans with loads of ways to get your 5 a Day
Simply choose which plan you are going to go with and every week for 4 weeks and Better Health will send you loads of ideas for eating more fruit or veg and a tasty recipe with easy to follow instructions. Before you know it you’ll soon be on your way to eating your 5 A Day.
Try this delicious Mediterranean potato tray bake recipe which is great on it’s own or makes a great side dish
A simple tray bake mix of Mediterranean veg and potatoes makes an easy, delicious, vibrant dinner – with minimal washing up!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Per serving (1/4 recipe):
- 1,033kJ / 247kcal
- 3.5g sugars
- 16.4g fat, of which 1.9g saturates
- 0.1g salt
- 800g salad potatoes, thickly sliced
- 50g pine nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Swappable or optional
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 aubergine, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon red pesto (optional)
Swap in veg like chopped broccoli, a few mushrooms or whatever you have! Remember, you can always swap fresh vegetables for tinned or frozen.