Lewisham are celebrating the Queen’s incredible 70 years of service with a range of family-friendly events and activities taking place across the borough.
From music to soundtrack your picnic in the park, to the lighting of commemorative beacons.
Jubilee Events in Lewisham
Beacon lighting on Thursday 2 June 2022
In 1897, beacons were lit to celebrate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. In 1977, 2002 and 2012, beacons commemorated the Silver, Golden and Diamond Jubilees of The Queen, and in 2016 Her Majesty’s 90th birthday. Over 1,500 beacons will be lit across the world
- Lewisham’s Young Mayor, Rosanna Campbell lights the beacon
- Live entertainment includes local choirs, a bugler and town crier
8.30pm Telegraph Hill
- Lewisham Police Cadets light the beacon
- Live music from Lewisham Concert Band
Picnic and Proms in the Park on Friday 3 June 2022
A joyous celebration of music and community is taking place in three parks across Lewisham on Friday 3 June. Pack a lunch and a rug and prepare to get into the Jubilee spirit.
- 12:30-1:30pm Mountsfield Park bandstand: Lewisham Concert Band
- 12:30-1:30pm Mayow Park: Hearts of Steel four-piece steel pan band
- 12:30-1:30pm Beckenham Place Park: Wuntanara Drumming Group
Please travel to our parks using public transport, bikes or on foot where possible. And help us keep the borough clean by taking your rubbish home with you.
Get into the Jubilee spirit with Better Leisure
Leisure centres in the borough will be running Royal-themed activities over the Queens Platinum Jubilee weekend.
Have a right Royal time in Lewisham’s Libraries
There’s lots of Jubilee-inspired fun this May half term in Lewisham’s libraries. Have your photo taken with a life-size statue of the Queen, take part in a treasure hunt, make yourself a fabulous crown, and more .
There’s Lots of fun activities and delicious recipes to download and make on the official Platinum Jubilee website
Whatever you’re doing have a wonderful Jubilee weekend.