There are ways you and your family can improve your wellbeing from look after your fitness and diet to talking to professionals who can support you when you are feeling anxious, depressed or low.
Take a look here for information on services available to you and your family in Lewisham and in Donna’s blog post last week she talks about why it important that we all look after our own mental health; Why do I need to take care of myself?
Lewisham Community Wellbeing help adults in Lewisham borough recover from mental ill health and maintain their wellbeing. They can offer One-to-One Support, Peer Support and Courses, Groups and Workshops. To access support from Lewisham Community Wellbeing or for general enquiries you can call them on 020 3228 0760 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
- If you are feeling low during pregnancy or after having a baby there is help and useful advice here: https://lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/socialcare/health/parenting/becoming-a-parent/feeling-low-during-pregnancy-or-after-having-a-baby
- Lewisham & Greenwich Healthcare Trust have produced this leaflet Mental-Health-in-Pregnancy-Leaflet-Final
- Lewisham Mindful Mums helps pregnant women and new mums in Lewisham to look after themselves during what can be a challenging period of their lives. The groups are free for women to learn how to stay emotionally well, develop confidence and social connections during pregnancy and in the first year of birth. To sign up for their next online course or drop-in session go to their website for information.
- If you would like to find out more about Diet and Exercise information can be found here https://lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/socialcare/health/diet-and-exercise
- For information on mental health support for children and young people in Lewisham look here: https://lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/socialcare/children/mental-health-and-emotional-wellbeing-for-children–young-people-and-families
Here is a list of other organisations that can offer support with your mental health.