Welcome to the Lewisham Children and Family Centre Website



What to do if you’re unwell on holiday

There’s nothing  more worrying than you or your child being hurt or unwell whilst you are away from home and it can be difficult to know what to do. If it’s an emergency always call 999 but if you thing you may need A&E call 111 first, otherwise call your own GP practice.


Always contact your usual GP practice If you’re away from home and need help from a GP.

They can help you:

  •  Speak to a GP with a video or telephone consultation  to put your mind at rest
  • Arrange for prescription medication to be collected from a pharmacy close to where you are staying


Local pharmacists can help with minor health concerns

If you need healthcare advice, pop into a local pharmacy. They offer a more convenient, quicker way to get clinical advice on minor health concerns.
Local pharmacists are qualified healthcare professionals who can:

  • help you manage minor illnesses like tummy troubles, aches and pains and many more
  • offer confidential discussions in a consultation room with no need for an appointment
  • refer you to a GP or A&E if your symptoms suggest it’s something more serious.

To find a local pharmacy visit nhs.uk/find-a-pharmacy 



Translate with Google Translate
Skip to content