While it is rewarding being a parent it isn’t always easy. It can also be demanding, frustrating and exhausting. The last thing that any parent needs after a long and tiring day is a difficult bedtime and a child that won’t or can’t stay in bed. Children that aren’t sleeping well can have a huge impact, leaving the whole family tired and frustrated.
Does your child?
- Dawdle or keep finding reasons to avoid going to sleep?
- Delay bedtime by saying they’re not tired, ask for yet another story or drink, or become frustrated or upset?
- Ignore instructions, complain or refuse to get into their bed, or
- Keep calling out once they’re in bed?
- Only sleep if not in their own bed or gets up during the night and crawls into someone else’s bed?
If so, the Triple P Bedtime Routines Discussion Group can help support you, alongside other parents, to learn some steps to help your child get into a good bedtime routine, go to bed and stay there.
- Why do bedtime problems happen?
- How to prevent problems at bedtime
- How to teach your child to stay quietly in bed
- How to manage problems during the night
Check out our timetable for dates of our next Triple P Discussion Groups