With fuel costs rising it can be difficult to make sure you are getting all the support you need to pay your bills, especially if you have someone in your household who is over 65, on a low income, or who has a long term health condition or disability. Keeping warm over the winter months can help prevent colds, flu or more serious health conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, pneumonia and depression which affect more vulnerable people.
The chances of these problems are higher for these vulnerable groups:
elderly or frail people
people with a long-term health condition
people with a mental illness
people with a disability (long or short-term)
people with a cardiovascular disease
people with a respiratory disease
families on a low income with children aged under 5.
The friendly team at Lewisham Council can make your home warmer, saving you money and improving your health.
- explain how to make your home energy efficient
- install energy saving devices
- offer impartial advice on how to pay less for your electricity or gas
- give you income support and debt advice
- connect you to other sources of help.