We’ve all heard on the TV and radio just how busy the NHS is at the moment. Calling NHS 111 can help you find the right service for you without even leaving the comfort of your home. NHS 111 online will not give you a diagnosis, but will direct you to the best place to get help for your symptoms.
Call 111 to speak to someone if you need to:
- get help for a child under 5
- discuss complex medical problems
- discuss worries caused by a long-term condition
- get end-of-life care, or report a death
- report child protection or vulnerable adult concerns
If you’re worried about a symptom, answer some questions and 111 will tell you what to do next. Depending on your symptoms, you might get a call back from a nurse. You cannot request a call back.
You might be advised to:
- go to an urgent treatment centre or A&E
- get help from an evening and weekend GP
- contact an emergency dentist
- get urgent specialist mental health support
- look after yourself at home