There are now seven community breastfeeding hubs running face to face in Lewisham every week, either Health Visitor or volunteer led. These remain appointment only at present (apart from Deptford Breastfeeding Group) but all hubs are hoping to be able to resume as drop-in hubs in the very near future. Our two Breastfeeding hubs are available to book via your health visitor on Thursdays and Fridays.
Face to Face breastfeeding support in Lewisham
- Monday 1.30pm – 3.30pm Downderry Breastfeeding Hub (Health Visitor led). By appointment only, please contact your Health Visiting Team team to book.
- Tuesday 10am – 12pm Deptford Breastfeeding Group (volunteer led). Drop in, no appointment needed.
- Tuesday 1.30pm – 3.30pm Sydenham Green Breastfeeding Hub (volunteer led). By appointment only, please contact your Health Visiting Team team to book.
- Wednesday 2pm – 3pm The Village (Catford) Breastfeeding Hub (volunteer led). By appointment only. Please book via https://bookwhen.com/thevillagelondon?tags=Feeding%20Support%20Group#focus=ev-st5w-20210929140000
- Thursday 10am – 12pm Evelyn Breastfeeding Hub (Health Visitor led). By appointment only, please contact your Health Visiting Team team to book.
- Friday 12pm – 2pm Quaggy Breastfeeding Hub (@ Parkside) (volunteer led). By appointment only. Please book via https://quaggydevelopmenttrust.org/quaggy-events/quaggycc/
- Friday 1pm – 3pm Ladywell Breastfeeding Hub (Health Visitor led). By appointment only, please contact your Health Visiting Team team to book.
For a full list of community breastfeeding hubs please also see the Health Visiting website
Online breastfeeding support
- NHS Pregnancy and Baby Guide
- Unicef UK Baby Friendly Initiative
- Bliss is a special-care baby charity that provides vital support and care to premature and sick babies across the UK
- The Breastfeeding Network provides breastfeeding support and information
- La Leche League offers mother-to-mother support with breastfeeding
- The Lactation Consultants of Great Britain can help you find a lactation consultant near you
- The Twins Trust has information about feeding twins and triplets
- The National Childbirth Trust(NCT) is a charity that provides information and support on all aspects of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood, including breastfeeding
- The UK Association for Milk Banking has information about using donated breastmilk if your baby is premature or ill, and how to donate breastmilk
- Drugs in Breastmilk Helpline – get support via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook
- Breastfeeding friend from start for life how to use your Alexa & Google Home devices to access breastfeeding support
- Start for life breastfeeding
- Start for Life – How to breastfeed
- Start for Life – Expressing your breastmilk
- Start for Life – Breastfeeding challenges
- Start for Life – Breastfeeding in Public
- Start for Life – Going back to work